Friday, September 25, 2009

Open Letter to MLS P&DC Acting Plant Manager Larry Belair

Below is a letter that I sent to our Plant Manager Larry Belair. As of this time I have not received any written response to this letter. But, I did try to ask Mr. Belair via his new electronic discussion board which was the best way to contact him for a response either by his electronic discussion board or via a certified letter. When I read his response to my question on the discussion board I felt that he had not answered the question that I had asked him.


9 Sept 2009

Mr. Belair,

Thank you for the town hall style meeting that took place at MLS P&DC just a short time ago. I think that it helped some individuals make up their minds whether they were going to take this early out incentive that USPS is currently offering to the APWU and NPMHU. You also pointed out that the Postal Service is in a crisis and that all of us should be doing our part in maintaining costs.

I would like to bring to you attention that your Maintenance Department was in the process of excessing five Tour 2 ET's to Tour 1. However, due to the agreement between the USPS, APWU, and NPMHU all excessing was supposedly put on hold until at least October 9, 2009 for this early out incentive. Therefore, your Maintenance Department at MLS P&DC is now going to detail these same five employees to Tour 1 at MLS P&DC to be able to go around the agreement between the USPS and APWU. In addition, you spoke of how the Postal Service should be trying to save money. Then I am curious why we would be detailing these five individuals and going to pay them out-of-schedule pay to work on Tour 1. These five ET's are being told that it is due to needs of the service for them to move to Tour 1. Nevertheless, if that was so why has not your Maintenance Department filled the empty ET Level 10 positions on Tour 1. Instead, they have withheld these positions. I admit that I am not privy to what is going on in our Maintenance Department at the higher levels. I am seeing this from my perspective as a MPE Level 9.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,



Marion Williams

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

there was a guy also named williams who was leaving a long message on that computer today.

can't wait to read what he wrote!!!!

Marion Williams said...

Well I also will enjoy reading what this individual wrote. Since I know that you are not referring to myself.

Anonymous said...

I heard that Mr Belair is rethinking the Ask the Plant Manager concept. I don't think he realized that some of the questions may be difficult to answer. Also, its probably a pain in the you-know-what to have to keep checking the stupid thing to make sure a nut job doesn't post something vile or threatening.

I would be afraid to post anything on there anyhow. Don't want to call attention to myself in any way. Just come in do my 8, go home, and hope the excessing vampire doesn't attack me!